Monday 23 July 2012

"This life has been a test. If this had been an actual life, you would have received instructions on where to go and what to do"

Opening up my windows, wide to let the air in. It's raining, again and the sky is dark grey. The weather is so insanely depressing and I guess this will go down in history as the summer which never really started. "Summer 2012: The most depressing few months of your life!"

My mum is arriving today. My clothes are packed. I could do with a g&t and got an overwhelming urge to dress in flannel and listen to grunge (that last bit is probably linked to my 90s binge).
I have this need to re-invent, refine myself. I want to throw my clothes away and buy a whole new wardrobe, (I guess that is breakup 101?) but what if I do in an emotional fit of insanity and then regret it once I come to my senses again? I'm slightly concerned I will wind up taking the kitchen scissors to my hair and go back to some kind of weird 90s grunge goth look. Loads of eyeliner and dark lipstick.
Better stay away from my kitchen drawers and my wardrobe.

No comments:

Post a Comment