Tuesday 21 August 2012

"The age of anguish is over"

"I love that we can do this"
He said as we rounded up our Skype conversation. I smiled in agreement and he continued:
"As long as you're ok with it, I really don't want to cause you anguish. More anguish I mean..."

You know those moments when you hear yourself say something and in that very moment it's like a light has been switched on? An aha-moment I suppose? It's an odd sensation, almost like an out of body experience, or like you're your own therapist.

"Well, darling, I think the age of anguish is over. It's time for progress now. Repair and renewal."
And I smiled again. As I said it I realised it was true. The anguish, at least the one related to my broken heart, is over. We spoke for half an hour and I never once felt like my stomach was about to turn into ice, or like my face would crumble and leave me crying. I felt calm. The sight and sound of him made me feel happy,  but more because I can really see us being friends once this whole thing has passed.
But I felt safer in myself than I have in a long time.

The age of anguish IS over. It's time to heal, without him. I will most likely have days when I feel like calling him, when I miss him and feel sad. But at least I have had this one moment of clarity, my aha-moment.
It's starting to happen. The whole healing thing everyone tells you about..
'Bout bloody time too.

4 comments:

  1. Har läst ditt inlägg minst 5 gånger nu! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. <3 Det var sa skont att ha ett sadant ogonblick. Det finns sa mycket annat jag behover oroa mig over, sa att for forsta gangen pa lange inte behova kanna hur hjartat varker var forunderligt fantastiskt.

      Delete
  2. I am not sure that man deserves you. If he made choices that don't include you... Unless you let go, nobody better will appear xo keep strong, for me - you are one of the most amazing women on earth!

    ReplyDelete